°3 egg yolks, beaten with 1 teaspoon of water
°1/2 cup butter or margarine
°1 teaspoon vanilla extract
°1 cup chopped pecan
°1 cup peeled coconut
°1 tbsp corn starch

* Methods 

+Cake:

Preheat the oven to 350.F. Grease three round cake pots of 8 inches or 2 9 inches with cooking spray and flour light dust. I like to do 3 8 × 8 pans, make a 2 layer, a cake, but put the third cake aside for kids who don't like German chocolate frosts or for my sisters who are allergic to walnuts. This is also great on 9 × 13.

In the mixing bowl (I use my kitchen help), add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. My heart until it blends well.

Add milk, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla to mix the flour and mix together on medium speed until well mixed. Reduce the speed to low and add boiling water to the cake mixture slightly at a time. Once the water is fully mixed, whisk it high for about 1 minute.

Distribute the cake mixture evenly between three 8 × 8 articles (or two 9 × 9) prepared.

Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the toothpick or cake tester comes out clean in the middle.

Remove from the oven and leave to cool for about 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and cool completely.

Frost cake with frost.

German chocolate frost:

* Note if you are layering the cake, I always double the recipe above and have a little extra frost later. If you are doing 9 × 13 one recipe should be enough.

In a large pot combines evaporated milk and corn starch and mixes; Add sugar, egg yolk, margarine and vanilla. Cook on medium-low heat until it reaches a slow boil. Constantly flip until thick, about 12 minutes from

Enjoy !